Updated: Jan 11, 2021
Enjoy the great flavor of chili with a healthier twist that uses up turkey leftovers!
Look beyond the traditional uses for turkey leftovers with GLIM's Barley Bird Chili! This healthier twist is a great way maximize turkey flavors in a healthier chili recipe.
This simple recipe only takes 10 minutes to prep!
Barley Bird Chili
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
Total: 1 hour
Ingredients: · 1 - 14oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
· 1 - 16oz jar salsa
· 14oz fat free chicken broth
· 1 cup barley, medium
· 1 cup water
· 1 Tbsp chili powder or chipotle chili powder
· 1 teaspoon cumin
· 1 - 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
· 1 - 15oz can whole corn kernels, undrained
· 3 cups (1 1/2 lbs) shredded cooked chicken breast or turkey
· Optional toppings: cheese, tortilla chips, and sour cream
Barley bird chili is a one-pot dish!