Updated: Jan 11
This simple snack satisfies popcorn cravings while packing antioxidants.
Cauliflower, a cruciferous vegetable, is rich in vitamins and minerals. They are also packed with phytonutrients (plant-based compounds) that help to lower inflammation, reducing your risk for such things as cancer, cardiovascular disease, and joint pain.
Cruciferous vegetables also include broccoli, kale, cabbage, brussels sprouts, collard greens, bok choy, and similar leafy vegetables.
This easy snack only uses one pan and it can be easily modified to the grill during summer months!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
Ingredients: · 1-2 T olive oil plus oil for baking sheet
· One big cauliflower head
· Salt to taste
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2) Lightly brush a baking sheet with olive oil*
3) Cut cauliflower into 1” florets
4) Toss in large bowl with enough olive to lightly coat
5) Spread evenly on the baking sheet
6) Roast for 10 minutes
7) For even roasting then toss around with a spatula or wooden spoon
8) Roast for an additionally 10 minutes
9) Check for doneness at this point by taste to see if at your liking
10) Cool for a few minutes and then sprinkle with salt.
*Don't want your oven on during the summer? Follow the same direction and cook on your grill pan or wrap prepared cauliflower in an aluminum foil package and cook on the grill. Grill at medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes.
These are tasty right out of the oven, at room temperature or cold.
11 views0 comments